Saturday, November 29, 2014

Colours swirl around my heart
For the short time that I am here
But I can never stay, nor can I say
Left-overs from a dark icy night
I absorb as much beauty as I can
For that time where I am too far
From all that is good
From the judgement unto me

Among beauty's Eternal Promise
I can rest for a while
What are you?
A moment of fear
Flow in, flow out
A grain of sand
In an ocean
A second in time
A moment in eternity
Right now it is forever...

17 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post, Lorraine. A beautiful poem and a beautiful photograph. Happy Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy Saturday to you my dear Martha, I've been deleted those stupid green things but they keep on coming although I went to kill the ad, it came back lol have a great weekend!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Sweetie...this is SO beautiful and deeply touching...reaches right into my heart...truly!
    Oh WOW!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a beautiful verse for the morning....rest in htat beauty L....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Lorraine! Such beautiful words and such a lovely photograph. Your artistry in words and pictures is amazing... It's okay that I get few comments, I very much appreciate the ones I do get, especially yours dear Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa Isabella, you're a kind and generous spirit and I will always love seeing your here, and appreciate more than you know dear girl!

      Delete
  5. This was gorgeous, Lorraine. And a wonderful reminder that we can't take our time for granted, but have to squeeze all the beauty we can out of every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Kim, it is crucial, today after i do the dishes and throw out the garbage, I will squeeze more beauty in by continuing reading your book :)

      Delete
  6. Amazing writing and such a gorgeous photo! You are an artist with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy means a lot to me. and ps wow do you ever look gorgeous..."I wear my glasses at night' and you don't only take the best photos, you draw, is there anything you can't do sexy lady!

      Delete
  7. beautiful words. you are a wonderful poet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petra, I'm a good writer too, but I never thought of myself as a poet, if only because when I write it's the truth, but thank you

      Delete
  8. The combination, the words with the image is great. The moment is captured well by both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very Anthony, I was holding on with every cells in my body, nice to have you back by the way :)

      Delete
  9. Lorraine, you have stirred emotions in my heart! I love this photo and I love your writing! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete