Through the pain of the everyday, some think someone is crazy or dangerous. The man in this photo is quite nice, he's just deaf. One man not too far was rumored to be a monster, and to never look at him. He never spoke and he could, but he sat on a bench day in day out, and people pointed fingers so I sat with him. He use to speak, until the day he got home from work and found his house burned to the ground as well as his wife and children. He never spoke again, he disappeared I don't see him anymore,maybe he's back with his wife and children...I wonder about the next person who'll sit on the bench...maybe me, maybe another....
A sad photo...and very touching. People can be very cruel. We get so wrapped up in our own miseries to take notice that many are suffering as much if not more than ourselves. When we cannot help as much as we would like...we often do nothing at all. Thank you for taking the time to talk to that poor man. You may never know how much it meant to him...but your compassion needs no rewards~
( We seem to be thinking a bit on the same page this morning, my friend. My post was similar.)
A sad reality in our society today, Lorraine. Lives can be turned up-side-down in an instant. An 'extended hand' may be what is needed to get back on one's feet. Compassion works wonders. Very poignant photo, Lorraine.
Thank you Jim, it's difficult to watch and do nothing for there, there is nothing one can do, but a hand or a smile can do wonders even if only for a moment...,thank you very much!
So right Anthony, but I couldn't decided so i went through the variety of colours until I found the one that fitted best. Blue represents so many emotions that are contradictory...thanks for dropping in :)
This is very sad and poignant Lorraine. People and the world can be so harsh at times. You have such a gentle heart, I wish I could protect people from harm...
I know i see kindness in your eyes (your real photo) and the gentleness of your art..this man, he always smiles at me now, I've given him a hug one Christmas and since then if I see him around Christmas he gives me a hug, when I use to go to Tim Horton's he always gave me the newspaper that he had purchased although I knew he hadn't finish reading it, that's how I found out he was French, because he was reading le Journal de Montreal ...if people really looked they would see, I believe they would be kinder...
What a sad story, Lorraine. It truly breaks my heart. It is a reminder once again that we shouldn't be quick to judge. Everyone has a story. I love the image. It speaks volumes. Be well, my friend. You have such a good heart.
As you do Martha, people who visit my blog have all one thing in common, loving hearts even if they never say that they do, I know they do...And some very loving that haven't been around, Margie, she has a very loving heart, as well...and she and Jake are in my prayers, I know she would be here if she could...
Such a sad story...a story all too common these days. Why do people have to be so judgmental and cruel...why can't they instead hold out a hand in compassion and friendship? Oh thank goodness for kind hearts like yours, Sweetie. Where would we be without you?
You Ygraine and all my visitors have the same goodness of heart, the question is really where would I be without you and all my caring friends? Lots of Love and hugs sweetie xxx
Sad truths, Lorraine. I love that you gave a voice to those who are so often marginalized and overlooked. They are some of the most interesting people you'll ever know.
Through the pain of the everyday, some think someone is crazy or dangerous. The man in this photo is quite nice, he's just deaf. One man not too far was rumored to be a monster, and to never look at him. He never spoke and he could, but he sat on a bench day in day out, and people pointed fingers so I sat with him. He use to speak, until the day he got home from work and found his house burned to the ground as well as his wife and children. He never spoke again, he disappeared I don't see him anymore,maybe he's back with his wife and children...I wonder about the next person who'll sit on the bench...maybe me, maybe another....
ReplyDeleteA sad photo...and very touching. People can be very cruel. We get so wrapped up in our own miseries to take notice that many are suffering as much if not more than ourselves.
ReplyDeleteWhen we cannot help as much as we would like...we often do nothing at all.
Thank you for taking the time to talk to that poor man. You may never know how much it meant to him...but your compassion needs no rewards~
( We seem to be thinking a bit on the same page this morning, my friend. My post was similar.)
Lots of Hugs and Love
xoxoxo
indeed, so much pain dear Jan, can't wait to see what you posted lots of hugs and love always xoxoxo
DeleteA sad reality in our society today, Lorraine. Lives can be turned up-side-down in an instant. An 'extended hand' may be what is needed to get back on one's feet.
ReplyDeleteCompassion works wonders.
Very poignant photo, Lorraine.
Thank you Jim, it's difficult to watch and do nothing for there, there is nothing one can do, but a hand or a smile can do wonders even if only for a moment...,thank you very much!
DeleteYour words and the mood of the photo fit together well. The sadness shows in both. Very fitting for the color blue.
ReplyDeleteSo right Anthony, but I couldn't decided so i went through the variety of colours until I found the one that fitted best. Blue represents so many emotions that are contradictory...thanks for dropping in :)
Deletethanks for sharing that story and this is quite a photo.i love your poem or saying...goes so well with the photo.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sandy, sometimes it's too easy to forget that so many suffer, even a smile can go a long way, and thank you I love the photo too ;)
DeleteThis is very sad and poignant Lorraine. People and the world can be so harsh at times. You have such a gentle heart, I wish I could protect people from harm...
ReplyDeleteI know i see kindness in your eyes (your real photo) and the gentleness of your art..this man, he always smiles at me now, I've given him a hug one Christmas and since then if I see him around Christmas he gives me a hug, when I use to go to Tim Horton's he always gave me the newspaper that he had purchased although I knew he hadn't finish reading it, that's how I found out he was French, because he was reading le Journal de Montreal ...if people really looked they would see, I believe they would be kinder...
DeleteEven -never- can -sometimes- bring relief. _m
ReplyDeleteThat my dear Doug I personally know to be true. Thank you , always
DeleteWhat a sad story, Lorraine. It truly breaks my heart. It is a reminder once again that we shouldn't be quick to judge. Everyone has a story. I love the image. It speaks volumes. Be well, my friend. You have such a good heart.
ReplyDeleteAs you do Martha, people who visit my blog have all one thing in common, loving hearts even if they never say that they do, I know they do...And some very loving that haven't been around, Margie, she has a very loving heart, as well...and she and Jake are in my prayers, I know she would be here if she could...
DeleteSuch a sad story...a story all too common these days.
ReplyDeleteWhy do people have to be so judgmental and cruel...why can't they instead hold out a hand in compassion and friendship?
Oh thank goodness for kind hearts like yours, Sweetie.
Where would we be without you?
Lots of Love and Hugs xxx
You Ygraine and all my visitors have the same goodness of heart, the question is really where would I be without you and all my caring friends?
DeleteLots of Love and hugs sweetie xxx
Sad truths, Lorraine. I love that you gave a voice to those who are so often marginalized and overlooked. They are some of the most interesting people you'll ever know.
ReplyDeleteSo true Kim I can only think that these are looking for anything to hide their own pain and judge others lest they be judged, it's just so sad.
DeleteSo sad! We as people should never judge! We should be helping one another ;o) Big Hugs ;o)
ReplyDelete