Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday



She doesn't want to get up
She doesn't want to go
School is bad
She cries as she repeats
I don't want to go                                               

Her mom tries to soothe
Her, her dad gets fed up
He leaves for work

She forces her daughter
To get dressed and go to school
The TV is  turned up high
So she doesn't hear
The muffled crying as
Her daughter gets dressed

An army goes down
The stairway
All the way down
Swearing he'll be late
Again

One wakes slowly
She goes nowhere
Her husband goes
She's uneasy
It's the beginning
Again

I use to love Mondays


21 comments:

  1. Utter perfection, Sweetie...the photo and beautiful poem!
    So reminded me of how I used to hate Mondays as a child...and that brilliant song by Boom Town Rats "I don't Like Mondays":)
    You are Genius!!!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Ygraine I remember the song, I use to hate Mondays until my last job that I loved so much I always looked forward to Mondays lol Big Hugs xxx

      Delete
  2. Awesome poem and wonderful photo ... love both!
    Monday has always been my least favorite day of the week (because my mom and dad both died on a Monday)
    But as a child I loved Mondays as my mom always sang me a little song try and wake me up for school ...
    This Monday, I am totally dragging my feet and just want to go back to bed , though ... too much on my 'to do list' LOL

    I wish you a most lovely Monday dear Lorraine

    Lots of love
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry angel, I use to hate Mondays until my last job I hated Sunday I wanted it to be Monday oh Monday, Monday.....
      and I wish you a most lovely Monday as well, dear Margie

      always lots of love xoxo

      Delete
  3. Good portrayal of the beginning of another week
    The writing: great insightful observations, as if listing to neighbors through thin walls..
    The photo: the end of the path looks so long, only on a Monday. It is shorter, I’m sure, by the end of the week. But what a beautiful trail to be taking on such a wonderful winter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, tomorrow I'll put the photo up only in a larger format (actually Wednesday)thanks you so much for your great comment Anthony

      Delete
  4. __First *He leaves for work*
    __later *Swearing he'll be late for work again*
    __finally *Her husband goes*

    Boy! I'm glad the *problem* finally left, to allow all things to take the proper steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right Doug, now I can be alone lol...yes and yes lol

      Delete
  5. very visually appealing poem - i could kind of see all that you wrote - ...my mom would come in and tell my sister and me - get up sisters ugly - you'll be late for school - of course we knew she was teasing or we hoped she was, lol. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL she was definitely teasing as you're both beautiful but hey Moms have tricks you know thanks so much I will put it up on large setting Wednesday for all those of you who loved it, thanks Sandy

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful photograph and wonderful poem. Definitely captures a lack of desire to leave, which I often have... Very moving dear Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Lisa Isabella, means the world to me my dear x

      Delete
  7. What a great post, Lorraine. Sounds like a lot of chaos for a Monday morning. And that photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kid, Wednesday i will post it in a larger frame so you get to see it alone and thank you so much...

      Delete
  8. beautiful words and photo. albeit a bit sad. sending a little love your way xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely Petra thank you very much xoxo and Wednesday that is tomorrow i'll post the photo alone because it is truly beautiful and thank you for your great photos, another one will brighten my day soon xoxo

      Delete
    2. you got another one? I can't tell who buys my prints on society6, unfortunately. I'm glad you like them so much and really appreciate your support xoxo

      Delete
  9. Oh the similarities in life that continue to pop up along the way.
    I too did not enjoy school....on any day! From first day in primary I didn't like it one little bit!
    So, what did I become when I 'grew up'? A TEACHER!! Go figure!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living your fear, aren't you awesome lol I love it Jim lol

      Delete
  10. Great words my friend! You are so talented! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete