When I was thirty-ish my dad called me to tell me he had a inoperable brain tumor, he didn't
live long, but he confessed to me that although Blue Spanish Eyes had
always been his favourite song, he admitted that he liked Rod Stewart:
Ah those dying bed confession!!! It was one of those surreal moment because
at that time my favourite song was from Rod Stewart: 'I don't want to
talk about it:
This is a beautiful song; one of my favourites. I've always liked Rod Steward...all the way back to high school days. I'm so sorry about your dad, Lorraine. That is so heartbreaking.
He took it well, and most importantly (to him) he didn't lose his mind, which was brilliant, except for one occasion when my two brothers went to visit him, my dad said gosh you two look like angels (anything but)....but that song always make me cry...yet I love it... and thank you girl for your visit, I really appreciate it x
yes it was strange and yet such an appropriate song, I still love the song, thanks B. looking back now I thank God the song wasn't 'If you think I'm sexy and you want my body, come on baby tell me so" seems so inappropriate, thank you always....
Yes of all confession, never expected that one, my mom died a few years later her song was seasons in the sun, and dits-moi pourquoi (French song that said tell me why we laugh, tellme why we cry...Why we live , why we die
This is a beautiful song; one of my favourites. I've always liked Rod Steward...all the way back to high school days. I'm so sorry about your dad, Lorraine. That is so heartbreaking.
ReplyDeleteHe took it well, and most importantly (to him) he didn't lose his mind, which was brilliant, except for one occasion when my two brothers went to visit him, my dad said gosh you two look like angels (anything but)....but that song always make me cry...yet I love it... and thank you girl for your visit, I really appreciate it x
DeleteGreat song. individual memories of moments are so tied to songs and music heard during these special events in our lives.
ReplyDeleteYes so true Anthony, you hear a song and it gets you right back to that time, thank you !
Deletei have a few rod stewart songs on my list....
ReplyDeletei am sorry, wow what a moment...hard to process in the midst
of losing a family member
yes it was strange and yet such an appropriate song, I still love the song, thanks B. looking back now I thank God the song wasn't 'If you think I'm sexy and you want my body, come on baby tell me so" seems so inappropriate, thank you always....
Deleteoh i had forgotten this song - so many favorites i had through the years and wow, i just loved hearing it again.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorites was by Al Stewart Year of the Cat - ...loved it.
You lost your dad so young - and I know the pain of losing a parent in your 30's. I love his confession - kind of cute.
Yes of all confession, never expected that one, my mom died a few years later her song was seasons in the sun, and dits-moi pourquoi
Delete(French song that said tell me why we laugh, tellme why we cry...Why we live , why we die
I'm sorry about your father. I'm glad you had a musical connection with him. I wish I had the right words to say, yours are always so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou need no say anything my dear Lisa Isabella you being here, it's enough :) thank you
DeleteVery powerful memory between you and your father! Hugs ;o)
ReplyDeleteIndeed it was and I could sing it in the shower, where no one would hear me cry...hugs ;o)
DeleteSo heart-rending...so beautiful a memory...oh Sweetie you have so touched me with this beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteI love this song too...:)
xoxoxo
Thank you so much Ygraine, I knew it would xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI have always loved Rod Stewart , have seen him 5 times in concert and going again as soon as I can.
ReplyDeleteLove that song you mentioned.
Touching post
Love ya
xo xo