Hope is every season's first breath
Hope is an old woman's gnarled hand reaching out
knowing it will be met
Hope is every man's first born
Hope -----I lost this old poem i had done at college, that my professor asked if she could share it with others cause she loved it so much. I probably blushed and said of course. I found many of my papers but I never found that one. I don't remember the rest.
So, I thought it's probably still at the house, after all I had just moved.
So I went. I had the keys. I could see when I approached it that the door window
Had been covered by one of my sheets, an old knitted yellow red cross sheet.
So I unlocked the door, hoping to God I could find my papers.
As I did, five knives fell on me, 2 fell on my shoulders on the dull side
the others barely touched me. My knives. Over the door. In case I came by.
I was too shocked to even take a photo I took the knives, put them in my purse,
left because I was in shock...my son whom I told came over and took the knives.
Later on I found out, he was scared of me. Because before I finally left, when
he asked when I'd leave that he needed the place. I told him, if you want me out
bring a gun and kill me, for I will never leave this house until I find Sammi, my sweetest
cat.
Eventually I found spiritual knowledge that she were dead so I left. He was
scared of me, even with all the broken promises and the pain he caused me I would
never hurt a Soul..
One day I walked by, saw his van, knocked on the door. I just needed to say goodbye
to the house. But he never answered, so I went in the backyard to say goodbye
to the place where I had last seen Sammi, I know she tried to come back one night,
but saw another cat and left. So I walked to the last place, said goodbye to Sammi
then went back down towards the river where I knew she has last been. Said
goodbye my Sammi, promised I'd try to be happy and stop crying.
Then I left, on my way back I saw a police car driving around my old house.
Found out later the owner had thrown out 10 bags of all my stuff.
Still I hope I'll find this poem my professor liked so much.
Consider what has been found as a new start, the beginning of a new poem.
ReplyDeleteI like that out with the old, in with the new, I like you Anthony :)
DeleteI agree Anthony to what you said. And, such an experience, Lorraine.
ReplyDeleteSammi is always around now I imagine - our pets and fur babies are always waiting for us (or so I've heard).
AS i do and yes I know our pets wait for us, I know Sammi is in heaven and I will see her again. Tomorrow I will post proof of what I'm saying, thank you Sandy, always x
Deleteand love the beginning of that poem - maybe you could finish it - again - and share it here.
ReplyDeleteoh Sandy it's been so long, maybe it'll come in a flash, I hope, because it was truly beautiful and thank you for saying it ;)
Deletei like your poem much...the contrasts in it are very cool...the opening line has hook...and the twist in the second line makes us think...i hope you find it as well my friend...hugs
ReplyDeleteoh B, i so hope so, I could still find it i imagine in all my all stuff i found 2 other papers I had done during that time, or remember it out of nowhere, you are such a good friend! hugs back and always....
DeleteMy dear friend...you want the magick in your life, you often say...it is there! I can tell by the first four lines of a poem that you cannot remember but that already touches the heart. You have four lines to start with...rewrite it as you go along. Many writers have done this.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that your Sammi is not there physically to comfort you...but she is there in your heart. We must find comfort from those who are gone in our memories, our thoughts and the love we have for them.
Be Well and Be Happy, Lorraine.
Hugs and Love xoxoxo
You are so good to me dear Jan, and I know Sammi is waiting for me tomorrow I will share the story of why I know this. I am so lucky to have so many dear friends in my life, hugs and Love my dear Jan, always xoxoxo....BET YOU GET A KICK OUT OF TODAY'S!!!
DeleteLorraine, you move me so. I am tearing up from your words my dear friend. I wish I had some way to restore your Sammi to you. Your poetry is beautiful. I hope for you to find more to sustain you with hope and love.
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet about my art, it is part of my soul. I'm no where near having everything up on my website with links, but feel free to email me at originalslrdesigns@yahoo.com for anything specific, I can send you an invoice, but I so understand being on a budget... At this point I haven't sold out of any of the ACEO limited editions and even when I do, I'll have the larger open edition prints available.
The world can be so dark, I try to share beauty, you are beautiful too, I hope you know that, and so very kind!
Lisa Isabella you are so kind, so lovely, so full of goodness and talent, oh I will buy some, I promise, it's more a matter of when than if, this I promise to you x
DeleteLorraine, you a special soul and I am always sending you blessings!
ReplyDeleteKnow that Sammi is always with you! Close your eyes and feel him next to you ;o)
Keep writing! Keep having hope!
You are loved! Big Hugs xoxoxo
oh my sweet Stacy seems I attract special soul with oh such an array of talent, I have a full collection on my wall of your little baby crows, you are so kind....I feel her often, I've ever had a cat like her, she has never scratched me or bitten me, she just licked me awake and she would snuggle in bed next to and she still has her baby habit of licking my bottom ear, she is in my heart and tomorrow I will tell a story that shows all animals join us in heaven...My Friends here on the Internet keep me hope every day. It's the only place where I do feel cared for, and I love you all so much, big \hugs xoxoxo
DeleteYou are a good soul, Lorraine, and it's been a tough time. Perhaps your life's road is heading in a new direction. Change can be difficult while it's happening, but I hope it means happy days up ahead.
ReplyDeleteAS you are dear Martha, I'm not quite as strong as i want, as strong as i use to be, and i know I'll never be able to afford a house, so I've decided that I will stay in this apt. at least for 10 years, at which time \i won't be making much money and by that time, my cats, already old, will be dead and won't have to suffer moving...They know this place now it's been hard for them, but they finally feel at home. So I'll wait, then it won't matter if i move to a small place....In the meantime, you have no idea how you and all my friends on blogger give me hope and friendship and a shoulder, and no matter what i will never stop loving...
DeleteSammi has never left you, Sweetie...never will...because your love for her will keep her near.
ReplyDeleteOh I do so hope you find your poem, the beginning is truly amazing...so deeply moving...I would dearly love to read the rest of it.
I am sending you lots and lots of Love and Light...you are never, ever alone!
Big Hugs and Love xxx
I'm not even sure the lines are in order...i hope i remember it meant a lot to me..you are also very special to me, people don't understand why i spend so much time on the Internet, I don't want to tell them, that my real family, except for my son, is here on the Internet, I have true friends who never judge me (well except for one, who thinks that blogs should be all pretty and frilly, she judged me enough time) you are all my family and you saved me from a life so empty, so bare...so desperate how to say how grateful i am so Big Hugs and Love xxx
Delete