From someone's story
Your voice is loud
Your certainty about what you've heard
Clear, inflexible
Others join you in your
Impatience, your intolerance
In your empty words
About someone, somewhere in time
Today or yesterday
The stories strangely resemble one another
There is no conviction in your eyes
How could there be?
Yet, you continue
Your shoulders tense
By your own disbelief
Your empty words
Echoed by others
To fill the emptiness with another person's story
ugh...sad...feels a bit like bullying...makes me wonder why they turned against the other...and what it would take to bring them back together...
ReplyDeleteB. it is like bullying, it takes a lot of low self-esteem to destroy someone's reputation, there's no bringing back it could be anybody...just a need to feel better about the person's crappy life, i don't engage in gossip, and I pity those who do, they don't know the damage that can be done, thanks my friend :)
DeleteFictions:
ReplyDelete__An emptiness; filled with other people's tales; remains empty. Living within our truths, we are the facts of our lives, and "stories," can be antone else's "saga.".
"Even my truisms, I list as fiction." S. Clemmons.
Good quote and yes I agree Doug, it is an emptiness that you need to fill so that there is somewhere worse off, if only they knew the damage they do , thanks DD
DeleteI can feel the pain written here, my dear friend. I can read the body language along with the untruths that pass for truth if one doesn't read between the lies.
ReplyDeleteVery sad...but then living is filled "what if"...I were rich...beautiful...in love, like them~
Hugs, My Sweet Lorraine
xoxoxo
it does take someone in a lot of pain, or emptiness to destroy someone and make it look so real...I've been the brunt of falsehoods and rumours but nothing could destroy me then...Hugs back my dear, dear Jan xoxoxo
DeleteOh Lorraine - how well you said this....wow.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much dear Sandy,I've made a promise to myself a long time ago that I would only believe what is said about a person from that person, I've been the target of gossip, but I wasn't affected then, and now I don't care...gossip away, I know truth thank you again Sandy!
DeleteSuch a profound poem, Lorraine. Your soul is so deep.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Martha, you soothe me, my not going out is difficult, but when I write a part me is at peace, always x
DeleteVery profound indeed. For some people silence is difficult. Personally, I love the quiet, those times that I get to have it. Your words are so moving Lorraine!
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet Lisa Isabella I agree silence is the best thing in the world I just wish that those that are so lonely would talk about themselves and get the attention they need without hurting someone else. hugs
DeleteVery good. I know many of this type. Stay clear..
ReplyDeleteThe emptiness is always better when filled with the stories by those who show honesty and caring in their words.
I could not agree more, dear Anthony, thank you ....
DeleteA truly profound lesson in these words, Lorraine...those whose lives are devoid of meaning will often fill their perceived emptiness with stories about other people's lives...stories that often undermine the other person's self-esteem...in order to make themselves feel better.
ReplyDeleteA sad truth...and so unnecessary.
Love and Hugs xxx
Couldn't have said it better myself dear Ygraine , unfair and yet so sad
DeleteLove and Hugs xxx always
So very sad Lorraine! You write with such emotion! I feel everything!
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs xoxoxo
I feel everything...I know how that feels, but for you I feel only incredible joy and I know, it will be part of your life forever sweet Stacy, Big Hugs always xoxoxo
Delete