I've being harrased by this man ever since I moved it , yeah about how i park to the point where I can't stand it anymore, so this morning I'm going to visit an apt that has two bedroom in the basement, my only worry is that the second apt had 3 yappy dogs, will my cats be scared? Please give me you opinion before I decide,at least I'll be close to the marina
That is such a gorgeous photo, Lorraine! About the apartment...I'm not sure what to tell you. I suppose the cats might be intimidated by the dogs at first, but I think that eventually they'll get used to it. But how about you? Will you be able to tolerate the barking? Do you need to move right away or can you wait a little longer? It'll give you more time to search for other places to live. I do love the idea of being near the marina. That is definitely a plus.
ReplyDeleteWell here's what I thought i'll bring Sam who is my most likely to be afraid, if she doens't care and just visits along, and I ask the lady who'll show my the apt, to go make her dog bark, and that will entail the other apts 3 dogs barking (yeah he didn't mention the 4th one) and I'll see Sam's reaction, if she seems petrified and runs for the cage I'll know if the barks doesn't affect her at all, I'm moving in. But If it doesn't work, I'm doing what you suggested keep on looking, the advantage to the basement is that it has no carpet, and will be a joy in summer, but if sam really gets scared, I'm going to keep on looking...and another advantage is that it's still a 2 bedroom but it costs less than this one...so I'll call the man again if he doesn't get impatient or if he hasn't already rented, but the ad has been on forever....you'd think someone with a dog would have jumped at it, ah well thanks so much Martha for your sound advice and wish me luck today.
DeleteEnjoyed the photo.
ReplyDeleteI question moving to a basement, dogs or not. The world is better viewed from above.
Maybe but it's right next door to the marina, the river can you beat that....no traffic it's the end of the road, another can't beat...but if this doesn't work out I'm going to keep on looking, thanks Anthony
DeleteI personally would probably rather put up with the man than 3 yappy dogs. I lived near a yappy dog in my last house before this one - and it drove me absolutely crazy - no peace - ...that dog would bark at anything - birds, a paper blowing in the wind, leaves and to think you would be near three dogs, ugh.
ReplyDeletemaybe there is something even more inticing than this place you are thinking of. Or maybe the barking wouldn't bother you like it does me.
ACtually Sandy the man lied i dog in apt 2 , 3 dogs in apt 3, still it's close to the marina so I'm going to call him today for a visit BUT I will bring Sam, if Sam doesn't care, fantastic, it's at the end of a street, no more traffic...and near the marina, near the river...if Sam can put up with I'll be happy or maybe I'll move somewhere else \i just now I'm not staying here anymore and this apt is cheaper ok it's cement so i'll have to buy some carpets for my 3 cats...I'll keep you updated
DeleteWell if yoiu move near the marina, near water - i'll be looking forward to your pics! The guy you talk about down in one of the comments, sure sounds like a jerk.
DeleteI have to agree with Sandy...I have two yappy dogs next door to me, and they just about drive me insane, especially in the summer when I want to just be quiet and relax in my garden :/
ReplyDeleteThe Morning After is so beautiful...oh I'd so love to experience one like this!
xxx
that my dear is the one advantage it's right near that place, near the river, near the marina, at the end of a street, no traffic, near the river, it may not be easy, but if not that one than another on closer to nature...you'll see more of this if i move there unless of course he rented it yesterday xxx
DeleteVery best of luck, Sweetie.
DeleteHere's hoping you find exactly what you're looking for!
xoxoxo
This is tough decision you have to make, Lorraine.
ReplyDeleteAny way a compromise can be found between you and complaining man?
you see Jim all that abuse because the first parking to the right was covered in snow so I got confused, I don't care about that man, I may be Agoraphobic and have social phobia, but one think I do have that's good is an extremely high IQ and I know an abuser when I meet and although I don't care that much, when I moved in they told me this was the quietest building ever, well it changed for the sake of me now we have everything that makes noise families with friends coming over night and day, music so loud it stops people from sleeping and management don't do squat they don't want to know, and the traffic is non stop 24 hours a day ...It is so noisy....maybe i won,t move in that apt but from now every morning i am going to drive around until I find what is best for me and cats,,,the man calls me stupid and that i don.t know how to drive and swears at me because I'm in his spot all the time and it goes on for weeks than swears and alll he had to do is tell me that the first parking was all snow so I counted from the from parking because i didn't realize the big snow mound was a parking, now all he had to do was tell me the snowcovered is aparking so you have to count form the second one as a second one that,s all he had to say from the beginning and none of this swearing at me and abusive languages because he loves to abuse women...it was such a simple matter, so easy to fix, instead he swore at me and called all kinds of name for three, it could have been settled in one day...but I simply am tired of living with constant noise and traffic I,d rather hear small yapping dog...and if i can anywhere near nature I will be better off...anyway thank yoiu for your advice, I appreciate it very much
Deletewigwam
ReplyDeletea new log to the fire
the cat purrs
__I wish you relief and contentment LL. _m
I couldn,t ask for more dear Doug x
Deletebeing close to the marina would be cool...a nice place to visit...
ReplyDeleteif the dogs are barking that might freak the cats out a bit though...
unfortunately...depends on how mild mannered your cats are.
Didn't work out they have too many dogs and they didn't mention the extra apt they said 3 apts, but it was 4 and my Sam was so terrified, that after knocking and getting no anwer \i took my terrified Sam home and promised i'd never leave, besides Iknow Sam was abandoned very young and very sick, and when I brought her along from the way she wailed she was terrified probably thought I was giving her away poor baby....I love her more than my comfort, so be it
DeleteWhat a gorgeous photo! So magical, so full of love! I'm not sure about the dogs, the cats might get used to it, but it might be irritating... I think it's a good idea to see how your kitty does there. I'm sorry about that man harassing you, it sounds awful...
ReplyDeleteShe was terrified , horrified and I felt so bad i know her story she was abandonned she was so sick she probably thought I was abandonning her, anyway all this to say I promised her, I'd never leave her. came back home reminded the manager that when I first moved in i told them the truth about my bankruptcy about the fact that I had agoraphobia and a social phobia and I could not have people harrassing me, I reminded them also that besides my illnesses my IQ was sky high I was not going to let this continue. If they didn't stop it I would. I was promised that no one would bother me again. So something good came out of htis...but I cried when I saw how terrified Sam was how terrifying her life had been right until the moment i took her. I promised her I would never do it again, never. I can't stand how abused she was were, and I would do anything for my cats and I'll always put them ahead of my needs. Because i may be sick but i can fight with my high IQ and win against anyone who tries to hurt me or my cats. thank you sweety x always
Deleteindoor or outdoor cats. if it's indoor cats they will get used to it after a while. me thinks :)
ReplyDeleteactually turns out to be 4 yappy dogs, but Sam used to be an outdoor cat and she got so sick and I made her well she panicked when I brought her over, then realized that i would also also have to live with 4 yappy dogs, not worth it
DeletePetra, my cats have always been indoor, but my newest cat the one i thought was my disappeared Sammi, was a actually a cat that had been abandoned put in a cage while she was sick. When I got her I soon realized she wasn't my Sammi that i adored, but ikept her, made her well with ashtma medication, and when I took her, I cured her, but this outing terrified the hell out of her, and I just left the car for a minute she was so terrorized, that i brought her back home the only home she knows and promised I would never do that again. I love my cats, they've been my family for so long, I would never hurt them in any way shape or form, thanks for commenting ;)
ReplyDeleteLorraine, I am wishing you all the best. Again, I have been reading your comments. I am sorry for what you have been through and I am sorry for your cats. I hope everyone leaves you alone! I want you to be happy ;o) Love you ;o)
ReplyDeletethen you succeed you always make me happy ;o) LOVE you too ;o)
Delete