Thursday, August 14, 2014

If I Could Draw

I would draw the oultine of the sun riveting in the lake
And the shadow of the Maple tree swaying in the wind.

I would draw the gasp before you laugh
And the glint in your eyes

I would draw the kindness
I see everywhere
And the comfort extended
For all our mistakes

I would draw the incredible
Gentleness of a grandfather's smile
And the warmth of a genuine touch.

I would draw the treasures I see every day

I would draw the funny story you just shared
And the unassuming passion for little things.

I would draw the simplicity of a hearty handshake
And the caring among friends

I would draw a tender song
And all the lyrics of hope

I would draw the gratefullness I feel
For all the beauty  we have been given.

I would draw my restless spirit at peace.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Brian, I will leave previous so people who encounter that problem know how to fix it, thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. booyah! it worked!!!!
      smiles....

      this is a very cool verse...perhaps it is the artist in me...the things you choose to draw in this are cool...the intangible things in many ways....

      Delete
    2. booyah indeed, i don't think I've ever had such a lovely comment before about my writing, and from you the Master of Unbelievable writes you do me honour Brian, thank you very much

      Delete
  2. well - this is absolutely beautiful - what talent you have to express.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Sandy, seems that Google stole all my photos from all seasons, so I'll have to open a photo blog so i can blog my photos on my blog, Larry Page is a thief and a pig....

    ReplyDelete
  4. well - glad you got a photo blog now - who is Larry Page..? i assume he works with google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's the Big Boss but hush I;m not allowed to say how rotten he Is so sshshhhhhhh, he's a thief, plain and simple and thank you Sandy have as little to do with google as you can!

      Delete
  5. Glad you got the right format back ...
    It does look better this way .. Yay !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. \yay indeed angel all thanks to Brian lol of course, thanks always

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words really touched me Lorraine!
    Love you xooxo

    ReplyDelete