Thursday, August 14, 2014

If I could Draw

-I would draw the outline of the sun riveting in the lake And the shadow of the Maple tree swaying in the wind -I would draw the gasp before you laugh and the glint in your eyes -I would draw the kindness I see everywhere And the comfort extended for all our mistakes -I would draw the Incredible gentleness of a grandfather's smile and the warmth of his genuine touch -I Would draw the treasures I see every day -I would draw the funny story you just shared And the unassuming passion for little things -I would draw the simplicity of a hearty handshake And the caring among friends -I would draw a tender song and all the lyrics of hope -I would draw the gratefulness I feel For all the beauty we have been given -I would draw my restless spirit at peace.

10 comments:

  1. can anyone help me somehow the \html has disappeared so that the poem just runs once sentence after another kind of kills the mood I don't why it did that while i had no problem with previous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't slept yet so I'm going to try for a few hours, I'll visit all later....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo drawing the gasp before you laugh...that would be a cool moment...see those are the little moments i try to take a snap shot of with words....smiles....

    did you try going over to the compose tab and putting the line breaks back in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, but i will now, oh what a great compliment you've just given me...wow thanks B.

      Delete
  4. I'll try it again from here...maybe it'll work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty picture you painted through your words ..
    This made my heart smile ...
    Beautiful,. Lorraine .

    Lots of love to you, always
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. \it's a better in the newer version, thanks to Brian :) lots of love to you, always xoox

      Delete
  6. Hey angel check the newer version according to Brian, much better, thank you so much angel lots of love always xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words created images in my mind! How wonderful, Lorraine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Martha the version above (thanks to Brian) is so much easier to read, and thank you from the bottom of my heart, and why do they say 'from the bottom of my heart' from the upper portion of my heart sounds better. this bottom thing never made sense to me

      Delete