Would a poem without words be a poem
Would a song without lyrics be a song
Would a sheet of music without notes be music
Would a father without his children be a father; You say no
You ceased to be when she took them away
Away from their laughter and their fears
From their joy and their sorrow
For you a distant memory
Except for the sorrow -You won't forget
Will they know that they were in your thoughts Everyday
Then pushed away -So that you could get up -
Will they understand -That you could no longer be a father -Without them
Will they know how deeply you yearned -For their touch -
Will they know that they are your poetry
I,the next love -was a stranger to them -and to their father
This one went a little cookoo.... i couldn't get to the post to write so it looks like I wrote over the HTML
ReplyDeleteand I got to post a photo on my blog today, hum....maybe once a week they let me!
ReplyDeleteThese words
ReplyDelete"will they know that they are your poetry'
touched my heart so much ....
Still chatting with you as I am writing .... LOL
Always a joy to hear your voice
Lots of love
xo
lol well I changed the HTML around so that it would be easier to read, loved our conversation, picked me right up let's see if the one on photoblog stays lol have a great weekend angel xxxxxxxxx
DeleteI had no idea you were such a great poet, Lorraine, in addition to being a wonderful photographer! You amaze me, girl.
ReplyDeleteYou're just the sweetest, you make all the loading problems worthwhile thanks a bunch Martha and maybe my photo will be kept on too, gosh i hope have a great weekend!!!
Deletewow, great writing!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Sandy I rewrote it so it's easier to read, had problems with the HTML...have a great weekend :)
DeleteBeautiful, "with they know that they are your poetry" is especially moving...
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Lisa Isabella, I'm so glad you visit cause \i never know whether my photos will stay put or disappear...PS yesterday I was dismayed when i went to your blog and I couldn't see the photo, Margie assured me it was there she could see it, but I couldn't gosh they can't do that to me...depriving me of your photos and beautiful drawings would really hurt me
Deletewill they know that they are your poetry
ReplyDeletewell i think if we tell them enough they
will understand that....smiles....
happy saturday L
Thanks B. they won't if they never see their dad. Happy Saturday B, seems I have to accept that people can view my photos on my blog, but I can't see it since i uploaded to Google...gosh and yet i will have a happy Sat ;)
DeleteWow my friend! Very moving!!! Big Hugs ;o)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs back my sweet friend ;o)
ReplyDelete