Tuesday, June 23, 2015


I laugh because I smell like oil and fumes and vinegar, I don't know if I can get up but I seem to slide off so easily I touch my face, my hair is weirdly cut on one side. My left arm hurts like a bitch, but I'm right-handed so it's ok. I get up too fast, I'm in between an old Mustang and an old Chevrolet I've always preferred a Toyota...and I laugh at this inane conversation because it's all upside down...I smell like they smell I and I don't know what happened, but I have to leave because I must find my son. The air is wrong and it's so dark, and I'm alone and I don't have many clothes on I'll have to find some...I trip along the way on someone and I take a big man's shirt thank heavens it covers most of me whatever me is, right now, I go slow and I'm ready to leave i have to find my son, I will find my son hopefully not among this wreck, but before I go, I hear my older brother he is somewhere to the left before it ends...He tells me not to go, I say I have to find my son, and I go out in the rain but before, my welcoming mouth opens up for the fresh water he grabs my arm , no it's not rain, it's not water, here drink this it's water,so I take a big sip, like a desperate nomad and spit it out, I yell at him, tell him this is vinegar, he laughs still better for you than what's falling, I say I don't care. I have to find my son. 'You go where your son may be you'll be shot on sight' It takes me a while to leave the gray an enter fresh air, I sneak around not to be seen but oh the air smell good and I wished it rained so I could get that foul tasting mix in my mouth. I walk,hide,walk,hide,and I find him he is so elegant and sells men's clothing and he sees me and hugs and I say no don't touch me, I love you mom, they'll shoot you, I say looking around for any gun that could hurt my son, he assures they won't shoot you...is anyone else alive here. He says my God-daughter and praise whoever I need to praise for this because my sister if she is alive would be desperate to find her. Oh she she would go through all the hell around to find her, but no one has seen her, I ask again he says she's just fine but don't go see her they will shoot you there, ok my younger brother, my sister? He shakes his head, not here. I tell him my older brother is on the bad side with me, but I don't think he's quite right anymore...I want to stay but I know I must leave, my son says I'll protect you and I say know no, I'm not chancing it...so I leave making my way back hiding behind all that glory and wishing like hell that my sister is not in some hole desperately seeking her daughter. I wake up, touch my cats, take a deep breath..don't let it happen please God, please see all my nightmares come true.

16 comments:

  1. Whew. What an intense dream. Beyond waking up in a strange place, exposed and confused...it is the missing son that scares me. Something happening to my kids is my greatest fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood, it's always been mine. Even in a nightmare I just wanted to find him, above all I needed to know where he was...so weird and true and strange and above all nightmarish...but today he is so happy with his wife and baby seems that nightmare will never happen, I understand you completely, thanks X

      Delete
  2. the circle's force
    locked in this nightmare's spin
    self impact

    __Caught in the centrifugal force of my nightmares, I constantly collide with myself; I always evaluate the contraries. _m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the impact is incredible, love your haiku and afterthought thanks DD

      Delete
  3. Very good to remember so much of such a dream. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember the nightmares, it's nice that you thank me for this horrible nightmare but hey Anthony I kinda like it :)

      Delete
  4. That was quite intense, Lorraine! And the photo you've added seems so perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my nightmares always are, thanks so much Girl ;)

      Delete
  5. What a dark and powerful dream. I will hope with you that it does not come true dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that m'dear, but already I know that it can't happen because my son is now married so happily with a baby, so that cancels that nightmare...thank you dear Lisa Isabella

      Delete
  6. whew. intense. I have crazy dreams too. all the time. and I can often remember them. but they are never nightmares. just weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all are always nightmare...occasionally a nice dream where someone who I don't recognize actually loves me...it's not as intense but it sure is better to wake up to. Thanks Petra

      Delete
  7. What an intense nightmare!
    I swear you and I are linked in some way...I have been having really weird nightmares recently too.
    I found the bit about your son incredibly disturbing.
    Ever since my daughter died, I have had dreams about losing my only son too.
    Nothing is more scary...

    You must have been so relieved when you woke...

    Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you wouldn't believe my dear Ygraine, I can't even begin to imagine losing a child, I can't even think it, my heart is with you 100%...I wish for you a dream of her heavenly happy, so your heart eases a little, and i wish you millions to get a country home...It was easier back then, in the house, to feel relieved...you're in my throughts Love and Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. thank God for waking up... I know the feeling of such intense dark dreams and waking up to see it was not real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unimaginable the horror that can happen in a dream, the nightmares I've had are so real and nasty, that I wake up horrified, and yet so grateful and wonder sometimes if it didn't happen before, some nightmares continue the next day, and i wonder if it's not something else, but since I moved from the house, my worst nightmare, loosing my peace and quiet losing my Sammi my most loving cat, I rarely remember anything or else I just don't care to or because my sleep is constantly interrupted by people or just my cats all night long...and I don't care, at least the one think I prayed for and got is the true happiness of my son,when he was born I told the Universe give him a better life than I had and any tragedies let it unto me. He took It and granted the wish.

      Delete